Chevron Canada Job Postings
Accounting Financial Analyst - Frontier Development & Exploration
Location: Calgary, AB
Posting Start Date: January 23, 2013
Posting Closing Date: February 3, 2013
Chevron Canada Resources is currently seeking an Accounting Financial Analyst to work in our Frontier Development & Exploration Accounting Group. This position is located in the Canada Business Unit head office in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate will provide project accounting support and will be involved with special projects in support of CBU Finance Department initiatives as required.
- Provide accurate, and timely financial recording of operational activities
- Track, report and analyze monthly expenditures, provide variance and outlook analysis with participation in profit meetings as required
- Interpret and apply Joint Venture Agreements to ensure cost allocation procedures and chargeability guidelines are followed
- Communicate with partners on joint venture billings as required.
- Provide Finance support for business and strategic planning cycles and initiatives
- Review and monitor work processes to ensure compliance with SOx Internal Controls
- Special projects as required in support of Chevron Canada Finance initiatives
- Education: Commerce Degree, with or currently pursuing an accounting designation.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills with the ability to express thoughts and information clearly, concisely with all levels & disciplines within the CVX organization.
- Proficient in accounting systems, preferably in SAP
- Teamwork: Highly motivated individual who is able to work in a team environment and work independently.
- Analytical skills: ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis that illustrates key business drivers and develop appropriate solutions.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
CCR recognizes that diversity is key to our business success and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including performance based incentives.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence by February 3, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org with Frontier Development & Exploration Accounting Financial Analyst in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.