Chevron Canada Job Postings
HR Advisor - Recruiting
Location: Calgary, AB
Posting Start Date: February 13, 2013
Posting Closing Date: February 26, 2013
Chevron Canada Limited (upstream) is celebrating its 75th anniversary in Canada. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. After 75 years of operations in Canada, we are looking forward to the future with optimism, as we pursue our vision to profitably grow our core assets and position Chevron for future legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron Canada is currently seeking experienced HR professionals to join our Human Resources team in the area of recruiting in the Calgary, AB office.
- Source talent for experienced and university hires though the implementation of recruitment and selection activities including developing job postings, pre-screening candidates, participating in interviews, conducting reference checks and developing job offers
- Work with the Recruiting Lead in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies, processes and plans for meeting long term recruiting targets
- Work with Business Managers and HR Business Partners to understand current and future staffing needs and customize recruitment strategies accordingly
- Provide coaching to hiring managers regarding all phases of recruiting including recruiting strategy, behaviour- based interviewing, negotiating, and closing
- Conduct market research, understand the talent pool available and identify passive candidates
- Represent Chevron in the planning and implementation of external job fairs and campus recruiting
- Advise clients on applicable staffing policies and procedures
- A university degree in Human Resources, Business or related post secondary education
- 5+ years related experience, preferably in oil and gas
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Canadian Employment Standards would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills required
- CHRP would be an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence by February 26, 2013 to email@example.com with HR Advisor - Recruiting in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.