Chevron Canada Job Postings
HR Assistant – Organizational Capability & Staffing
Location: Calgary, AB
Posting Start Date: February 27, 2013
Posting Closing Date: March 10, 2013
Chevron Canada Limited (upstream) is celebrating its 75th anniversary in Canada. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. After 75 years of operations in Canada, we are looking forward to the future with optimism, as we pursue our vision to profitably grow our core assets and position Chevron for future legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron Canada is currently seeking experienced HR professionals to join our Human Resources team in the area of recruiting in the Calgary, AB office.
- Provide overall process support to the recruitment process. Key responsibilities include posting positions on external job boards, managing incoming applications, assisting with pre-screening, scheduling interviews, preparing offer letters and other hiring documentation, conducting reference checks, following up on pre-employment requirements, and communicating results to interview candidates.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of external job fairs and campus recruiting.
- Work with our IT group to ensure the internal and external websites are kept current and changes are made in a timely manner.
- Work with the Recruiters and Lead position to identify improvements in the recruitment process.
- A diploma or certificate in Human Resources, Business or related post secondary education preferred; an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience will be considered
- 1-3 years related experience, preferably in oil and gas
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative and adapt to changing work priorities
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Canadian Employment Standards would be considered an asset
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence by March 10, 2013 to email@example.com with HR Assistant – OC & Staffing in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.