On April 18, 2017, Chevron Canada Limited (CCL) signed a Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Parkland Fuel Corporation for Chevron’s Canadian downstream fuels business. The agreement was completed on September 30, 2017 at 11:59 pm Vancouver time.
The sale and purchase agreement includes:
- 129 Chevron branded retail service stations in British Columbia
- 37 commercial cardlock locations in British Columbia and Alberta
- A wholesale aviation business serving the Vancouver International Airport
- Three fuel transfer terminals located in Burnaby, Hatch Point, and Port Hardy, BC
- A refinery located in Burnaby, BC
Chevron’s Upstream assets in BC including the Kitimat LNG Project and Chevron’s Canadian downstream lubricants business are not included in this sale.
The Chevron brand will remain at retail, cardlock and marine fueling locations in British Columbia and Alberta under a branded marketer agreement with Parkland.
Chevron Canada Limited and Parkland are working towards a smooth transition of these operations and facilities with safety and reliability as key focus areas.